Thursday 11 December 2014

Who Saw The Tower of London Poppy Memorial?

We went to London in October and this is what we saw.


That's T and my mum on the train and my mum filling in a coupon to get us a deal on the tickets to the Tower. P is making funny faces but you are luck not to be seeing her backside.




Over the bridge and then there they all were.




So this is my attempt at taking the pic of the poppies at all angles.
My mum had been a volunteer in better weather. She's got the T Shirt.





There really were that many people, it didn't let up, no one went for lunch, there wasn't a gap.
It was penguin shuffling right off the bridge and back over again.

So inside the wall it's a village with really posh buildings, big jewels, black birds and again thousands of people milling around.




We are talking twenty thousand people so when I lost P in the grounds for all of twenty seconds I really worried and I really yelled her name. She didn't have this happy face when I found her because she knew I'd lost her.
I love her so much.

We found family medals in the Royal Fusiliers Archive, which made mum teary and G uncomfortable!



Yep that's a VC but it doesn't belong to any member of our family.




It was a full on day there is so much to see.
The Crown Jewels! No pictures of that one. Yes the diamonds are huge and so are the doors that lock them in at night, as big as the ones in the movies. Our favourite was a small diamond crown worn by Queen Victoria a bit like a scrunchie and there is a gold punch bowl that when you look at it, you won't believe your eyes.




G used to work in the area so we took his route back to the train. Girls were well behaved just hoping that they remember in years to come what they saw.

P bought T a memorial Poppy broach for her birthday with quote,  
They shall not grow old, as we are left grow old 
because she said it was important.

So some good done.

CM


No comments:

Post a Comment